I’ve always despised maintaining vegetable gardens. Turning over a vegetable garden and then weeding as the plants develop takes a lot of effort. All that bending down might be hard on your back. Many people don’t have enough room in their homes to produce their own food.
Garden Tower 2 is ideal for those who want to grow their own food but don’t have a lot of space. The tower can be placed on a balcony or patio, and it doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. Watering the plants is easy, and there is no need to worry about pests or diseases. The planter comes with everything you need to get started, including soil and fertilizer. See what makes the Garden Tower Project so popular in our review:
Table of Contents
Garden Tower Project – Vertical Planter
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 23 x 23 inches
- Weight: 34 pounds
- Area required: 4 SQ feet
- Material: food-grade plastic, UV protected
- Growing capacity: 50 plants
- Warranty: 5-year warranty
- Made in the USA
View on Garden Tower Project View on Amazon
Why Garden Tower Project?
Garden Tower Project is an organic gardening system that allows you to grow your own fruits and vegetables in a small space. Assembly is simple, and there are many helpful videos online. This product is perfect for anyone who wants to get into organic gardening, or for those with limited space.
- Easy to use and doesn’t require a lot of maintenance.
- Can be placed on a balcony or patio.
- Watering the plants is easy, and there is no need to worry about pests or diseases.
- Comes with everything you need to get started, including soil and fertilizer.
What Are The Benefits?
- GROW ORGANIC – Growing your own fruit and vegetables has never been easier. No pesticides or chemicals are used in the growing process, so you can enjoy fresh organic produce from your very own home.
- EASY ASSEMBLY – Assembly is very simple. Many videos are provided. Not that you’ll need them, but in case you do there are many on their youtube channel.
- VIDEO HELP – They actually even have a complete set of short videos taking you through every stage of setup and use. From assembly to filling with soil, right through to the composting process, everything is covered.
- SMALL SPACE REQUIRED – You can grow in a very small space on a patio or balcony. The Garden Tower 2 is just 4 SQ feet.
- NO BENDING OR KNEELING – You won’t have to worry about back pain from bending or kneeling in the garden. Garden Tower 2 is tall enough that you can easily access all of your plants without having to stoop down.
- WATERING IS EASY – The watering system is very efficient, so you won’t have to worry about over or under watering your plants.
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS – This is a great product for anyone who wants to get into organic gardening, or for those with limited space. Everything you need to get started is included.
- GET YOUR GARDEN ON – The Garden Tower 2 is perfect for anyone who wants to get into gardening, without all the hassle. With 50 growing slots, you can grow many vegetables at once, and the extendable feature means you can always have more room for growth.
- EASY ACCESS TO ALL PLANTS – The new rotating function means you can easily access all plants in the tower, without having to move around. You can also turn the tower to make sure all plants get an even share of sunlight.
- CREATE YOUR OWN COMPOST – The GT2 makes composting easy. Just put your kitchen scraps on the top, and let the worms do their work. You’ll have fresh compost in no time.
Note: don’t put the worms in the middle core. They go in with the earth.
How the Compost Works
The worms inside the tower help to create compost from your food scraps. This compost helps to feed all the plants in the tower. The liquid that falls from the compost goes into a tray at the bottom and is collected for later use. This liquid is called “Compost Tea” or “Nutrient Tea.”
You can get this nutrient-rich fluid from the bottom of the gardening system. You then give it back to the top, which will help the soil and plants. Some customers say they put this fluid in other areas of their gardens too.
- SIMPLE WATERING – Compared to other garden towers, GT2 2 is easy to water. The watering is minimal, as due to the design, runoff is retained inside the system. This also means that water can be recycled as it is also caught in the tray at the base of the tower.
- NO ELECTRICS OR PUMPS REQUIRED – You’ll never have to worry about whether or not you remembered to bring your extension cord with you again! This vertical garden planter doesn’t require any electricity or pumps.
- PLANT FROM SEED – You don’t need starter plants with this garden tower! Plant your seeds and watch them grow.
- SIMPLE TO USE – There’s no complicated setup with this garden tower. Just add soil and worms, and you’re ready to go.
- COMPOSTING MADE EASY – With Garden Tower 2, you can make use of kitchen waste as part of your composting material. This makes it easy to maintain, with minimal looking after required.
- NO WEEDING OR TURNING BEDS – Unlike conventional gardening, you don’t need to weed or turn the beds. It’s that easy!
- FOOD SAFETY GUARANTEED – Made from 100% UV stable food grade plastic, ensuring your food safety is always taken care of.
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY – Made from high-quality materials. Stand behind the product with a full 5-year warranty for any defects or damages.
What are the last changes?
- BETTER NUTRIENT FLOW – The Garden Tower 2 has 265% more minute holes in the core center than the original Garden Tower, meaning that your plants will get the nutrients they need much faster.
- STACKING & NESTING PLANTING RINGS – You can easily stack the planting rings on one another vertically, which means that the soil is not all in one big column on top of itself. This allows for better air circulation and less compaction, which is beneficial for the roots of your plants.
- EASIER COMPOST TRANSFER – The compost goodness created by the worms and food waste can be transported more efficiently to plant roots.
- ROTATING TOWER – The 360° rotating tower is a great feature that allows you to turn the tower whenever some plants aren’t getting enough sunlight. Also, a great benefit if your garden doesn’t allow for the tower to get sunlight on all sides.
- GREAT FOR VARIOUS PLANT TYPES – The Garden Tower Project can be used for many different types of plants and flowers. You can grow herbs, vegetables, fruits or flowers in it. It’s also ideal for growing strawberries as it has holes at the bottom which allows water to drain out easily and prevents root rot.
- EASY COMPOST TEA COLLECTION – The Garden Tower 2 features a removable compost tea drawer that makes collecting “compost tea” a breeze. Simply pull out the tray at the bottom and pour the nutrients back into the soil or use them in other parts of your garden.
- SAFE VEGETABLES AND FRUIT – 100% recyclable, food-contact grade plastic has been used. This means that the vegetables and fruit grown in this structure are safe. The specific type of plastic used does not contain any harmful chemicals like plasticizers, BPA, PVC, or phthalates.
- LONG-TERM UV PROTECTION – To ensure that your garden tower will withstand the elements, a UV-resistant powder coating has been applied to the exterior. This will help to protect the plastic against long-term sun exposure and prevent fading.
- Far Sturdier and More UV Resistant – The new design is much more sturdy than before as each leg is wider at the base with thicker plastic used in construction. It also has UV-resistant paint which will last longer outside without fading away.
- WIDER – The new feet are wider than the old ones. This means you can place the tower on a patio, decking, or roof.
- HEAVIER – Each foot weighs nearly a pound and gives far greater stability than before. Before feet were only sticks of wood and had to be stuck into the ground. Now you can place the tower wherever suits you best. On a patio, on decking, on a roof, inside your house, or on a lawn.
- MORE STABLE FEET – You can firmly attach the tower to any surface you like including a rooftop for example. Each foot weighs nearly a pound a piece and gives far greater stability than the previous version.
What Can You Grow?
- Acorn squash
You can grow a wide variety of vegetables in the Garden Tower. The list above is just a sampling of what you can grow. With proper care, you can enjoy fresh, nutritious, and delicious veggies all season long!
What Are The Negatives?
- There are a few complaints that GT2 is not as sturdy as the original Garden Tower. However, most people say that it is still very sturdy and works well.
- Some people say that the instructions are not clear enough. However, there are many helpful videos online that show you how to assemble and use the Garden Tower Project.
- Some people find the price to be a bit high. However, when you compare it to other organic gardening systems, the Garden Tower 2 is very reasonably priced.
Best Places To Buy
Garden Tower Project Review Verdict
The Garden Tower Project is a great way to get started with vertical gardening, and it’s perfect for small spaces. The system is easy to set up and use, and it’s very efficient at using water and fertilizer. The only downside is that it’s a bit pricey, but overall we think it’s a great investment for anyone interested in growing their own food.
I was really excited to try the Garden Tower Project, and I have to say that I’m pretty happy with it. Our broccoli came out great, and the mint is doing really well. I was a little worried about the compost levels, but it seems like the earthworms are doing a good job of keeping things under control. The only issue I’ve had is with the dolly it came with – the constant watering made one of the wheels break. But overall, I’m really pleased with it.
I absolutely love my Garden Tower! It’s so easy to use and it’s really helped me to save money on groceries.
This is a great way to get started with vertical gardening. It’s perfect for small spaces and it’s very efficient.
I’m so glad I got this. It was a bit pricey, but it’s worth it. I’ve been able to grow so much food with it!
I like my Garden Tower Project, but I was a little disappointed when I put it together. The center connecting piece needs a lot of improvement, as it doesn’t fit well and the sections don’t connect all the way around. However, my plants are looking good so far and I’m hoping they will do well in the hot, dry summer months. The plastic seems a little brittle, so we’ll have to wait and see how it holds up over time. Overall, the Garden Tower Project is a good idea but could use some improvement.
I absolutely loved the GT2! It was extremely easy to set up and get started, and it has enabled me to grow organic vegetables right at home. The garden is easy to access and the perfect size for a condo, and I have been able to use it to grow vegetables for my green smoothies and salads. I also really appreciate the built-in compost bin, which makes creating compost easy and convenient. Overall, I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for an easy way to start gardening.
P.S. The company provides great support through its Facebook group page. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to start or improve their composting.
All the veggies and herbs are growing like crazy. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with limited space who loves to garden!
I have had great success with growing vegetables in it. The produce has been fantastic, and I have enjoyed trying new things. The green beans are produced well, and the tomatoes and peppers on the top are gigantic. The eggplant, lettuce, and other plants have also done great. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to garden, especially if they have had poor results in the past.